Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Cucumber Coconut Lemon Ginger Smoothie

 Did your garden produce too many cucumbers? Is this summer so hot you need a cool, refreshing drink? Or, like me, did you miss dinner to go to Yoga class and now you rather drink your dinner? Maybe all of the above? Yup!


Peel or don't peel one large cucumber. Squeeze one half of a lemon into your blender. Add chopped cucumber and one inch of piece of peeled ginger root. Blend.  Too strong.

Add 6 ice cubes and blend again. Better, but I'd like it sweeter and I know that there is about one tablespoon of cream of coconut left from some cocktails, so I added that and .... perfect! Just what I wanted. 

If I didn't have the coconut I was going to add a handful of green grapes or frozen pineapple.



No comments:

Post a Comment